Atomia’s 2016 year in review
As this year is drawing to a close and the holiday season is upon us, we thought it would be nice with a short recap of the year. We’re proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish.
Product milestones in 2016
As you know if you’ve been following Atomia for a while, we have two major releases of our hosting software and integrated billing system each year (with patching and tweaking in between). Here are some of the things we added to the Atomia platform this year:
- A brand new hosting control panel for end users that works on all screen sizes (even on mobile)
- You can now use PostgreSQL as the backend DB for Atomia (in addition to MS SQL)
- Even more campaign options
- Support for CloudLinux
- Increased support for OpenStack
- A new Atomia installation wizard GUI
- Support for Let’s Encrypt
- Hybrid cloud arrived on the Atomia platform with the ability to run VPS hosting on top of public cloud providers like AWS and Azure (in addition to OpenStack)
That’s just a sample. We have released literally hundreds of improvements, tweaks and fixes this year. If you’re curious about a more comprehensive overview of what’s in our product, check out our feature checklist and our product overview.
And a bonus: You know that pesky but super-useful thing called documentation? In September, we introduced a brand new documentation website for Atomia, aptly located at learn.atomia.com. We add new information to it almost daily.
Thank you for all the great feedback we’ve received, and we promise to keep making both our product and our documentation even better in 2017. 🙂
Highlights from our blog
We’re not always quite as diligent with our blog as we would like to be, something we intend to amend in 2017. There is just so much interesting stuff to discuss about our industry and the Internet.
That said, here is a small selection of articles from this year that you may wish to check out:
- Hosting control panels can no longer ignore the mobile web
- Free data sources for researching hosting markets
- A single pane of glass for hosting
- The cloud hosting industry is entering a golden age
- How to run a global VPS hosting company with minimal resources
- Comparing the geographical coverage of AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
Thank you, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year!
We love being part the hosting industry. It’s a fast-moving, competitive industry and we have the pleasure of working with a ton of smart, driven people.
Thank you to all our customers and partners for making 2016 a year to remember. We look forward to continue working with you in 2017 and beyond! 🙂