Where to learn more about OpenStack
If you’re new to OpenStack and want to learn more about it, we hope this little blog post will provide a good starting point and save you some googling. We’ve kept it short and sweet:
- The OpenStack community welcome page
- On the page above, especially don’t miss the OpenStack welcome guide (PDF).
- OpenStack Superuser Magazine has many interesting articles to explore.
- The official OpenStack blog will at times be very inside baseball, but it is the official blog after all.
- The freely available OpenStack Summit videos give you a chance to learn from filmed presentations and talks about OpenStack.
- The official OpenStack Twitter account is great if Twitter is your thing.
- The #OpenStack hashtag on Twitter is good for keeping up to speed with OpenStack current affairs. Want to see what people are talking about right now? This is where you should go.
- OpenStack tutorial links curated by Opensource.com. They do a monthly roundup, and the archive has lots of interesting links.
- And their intro article to OpenStack is worth reading, too.
- OpenStack user surveys. Check out the excellent downloadable PDFs with a ton of stats and info from the community.
You may notice that many of these links point to somewhere on the OpenStack.org website. And with good reason. It’s a treasure trove, so don’t hesitate to dig around. There is a massive amount of information available.
OpenStack has a lively community and a lot is being written about it. If you explore the links above, you should have a pretty good understanding of what OpenStack can offer you and your business. Down the rabbit hole you go… 😉