New hosting software release: Atomia version 16.3
This is the first of this year’s two major releases, and includes a ton of improvements and useful new features.
Highlights of the Atomia 16.3 release
- A new, responsive control panel theme. Atomia’s hosting control panel now has a completely new theme designed to take full advantage of modern browser features. This new theme is structured to be much easier to extend in a future-proof way and features a new responsive design so it works on any screen size, including on smartphones. And don’t worry, we will continue to support our “old” theme for the foreseeable future.
- A new installation wizard. We have developed a new web application for managing the entire process of installing an Atomia environment. This tool will be separated from our twice-yearly release schedule so expect to see rapid updates over the coming months as we iterate on this first version.
- You can now use PostgreSQL for Atomia’s system databases. All of our applications can now use the excellent PostgreSQL as the database server for the system databases. We still support installing on and using MSSQL and future versions will also be possible to run on both types of database servers.
- And many other improvements such as…
- Even more campaign options.
- New plugin support for sending unpaid invoices to debt collection.
- New admin panel GUI for showing messages to end users.
- Managing the contents of your hosting packages right from the Admin Panel instead of in the Provisioning Description configuration file.
- Exporting and importing of products through the Admin Panel to make bulk editing of large numbers of products and prices much simpler.
- You can now configure the platform to have username and email be separate. Previously, email was the username.
As with any software, we of course also put a significant amount of time on bug fixes, performance and stability improvements.
I encourage you to check out the Atomia 16.3 page on our website for some more information and screenshots. If you really want to dig into the technical details, you can also head on over to our release notes to see the full list of what has been done.
Get in touch to learn more
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. If you’re a customer, you’ll already have a contact here at Atomia you can reach out to. If you’re not but want to learn more, send an email to [email protected] and we’ll get right back to you.